Frequently Asked Questions

Find answers to many of your questions below


Q. What are your office hours?
A. Office hours are 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.

Q. Where do I report broken or improperly functioning street lights?
A. Please contact Puget Sound Energy (PSE) at 1-888-225-5773.

Q. Is our water treated?
A. There are no chemicals added to the District’s water for disinfection purposes. Wells 3 and 4 are filtered for arsenic and Well 3 for hydrogen sulfide odor.

Q. What is the pH of our water?
A. The pH of the three wells in the Evans Creek valley is 7.2. The two wells on the plateau have a pH of 7.4. A pH of 7.0 is neutral.

Q. Is our water considered hard or soft?
A. The three wells in the Evans Creek Valley have a hardness of 55 mg/l which is considered slightly hard. The two wells on the plateau have a hardness of 68 mg/l which is considered moderately hard.

Q. Is our water fluoridated?
A. The District does not fluoridate the water. Approximately 30 years ago the issue of whether or not to fluoridate was placed on the ballot. Customers voted not to fluoridate the water. Customers concerned about their children’s teeth should contact their dentists regarding fluoride treatments.

Q. Do you accept credit cards?
A. Yes, credit card payments are accepted through the District’s online bill payment service. See other payment options at the Bill Payment section of the website.
See the Online Bill Payment FAQ for more information.

Q. What is the billing period?
A. Customers will receive a bill every two months. We have two billing cycles so some customers will receive bills during even numbered months and others during odd numbered months.

Q. What is the late charge policy?
A. Bills are due upon receipt. Customers should receive bills by the second week of the month and payment must be received by the last day of the month. Payments not received in the District office by the last day of the month are automatically assessed a late charge of ten percent.

Q. Why do I receive a bill from two separate water and sewer districts?
A. The Northeast Sammamish Sewer and Water District overlaps with the District to the south. In this overlap area, Northeast Sammamish provides sewer service while the Sammamish Plateau Water and Sewer District provides water service. This is because when the developments in this area were constructed, this was the most convenient and cost-effective way to provide service.

Q. Our water bills show usage in cubic feet. How many gallons are in a cubic foot?
A. There are approximately 7.48 gallons in one cubic foot.

Q. Why do two separate sewer charges appear on our bill?
A. One charge is the District’s charge for collection and transmission of sewage from your house to King County who treats the sewage. The other charge is King County’s treatment charge.


425-868-1144 (24 hrs)
3600 Sahalee Way NE
Sammamish, WA 98074

7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Monday - Friday

Copyright © 2024 Northeast Sammamish Sewer and Water District. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy & Terms of Use